Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marshmallows: the great scandal, the glorious triumph.

...ADVANCE WARNING: HEAVY USE OF PARENTHETICALS AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION...

OK, so I'm a little behind on this one. Like, a year and a half (or so) late-ish. But I still say better late than never, and maybe it will come as news to you like it did to me. And if it weren't for good old SuperVegan, I still wouldn't know. (Thanks guys.) Now, don't get me wrong - I've known for ages that marshmallows have gelatin (can you say cartilage?) in them, and are therefore not vegetarian. What I didn't know is that a) there was a kosher-related scandal, and that b) vegan marshmallows were dragged down by trickery... Intrigued? Check it out - mainstream media coverage, no less! Behold. (And be warned - there are two parts.)



No comments: